The City of Peoria is looking for a few good developers to redevelop our historic core.

Nov 15, 2009

Downtown Nashville - Downtown Peoria


Downtown Nashville has a great entertainment district. It looks a lot like Peoria, with the Main Street cascading down to the River. Of course, it is a much larger city and region, but it has the kind of dynamism that we would like to build in downtown Peoria.


http://www.thedistrictnashville.org/

http://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/NashvilleTN/pointsOfInterest/RiverfrontParkinNashvilleTN.cfm

3 comments:

REALITY said...

" Give it up, I WON'T happen here! "

Shannon Alig said...

I think it could and will totally happen here! We have many of the pieces already in place. I often compare Peoria to my once-home of Little Rock, AR about 10 years ago. The architectural firm I was with was working on revitalizing the riverfront and rehabilitating warehouse lofts/mixed use buildings. Many said give up and wondered why we bothered... now the riverfront is vibrant and alive with activity. Its now the place to be. I also worked in Portland, OR where I think city planners also pulled ideas from. We now live in Peoria and I think the "revival" is just a matter of time. And, yes, a bit of work and positive thinking. Keep it up!

Craig Hullinger said...

Now of course I like Shannon's comment a lot more then Reality.

Post a Comment